1/1 Photo of Smothered Cube Steak With Mushrooms-N-Gravy
1 hr 20 mins
Great easy meal to put together when you're not quite sure what else to make. I have had many times I stood there scratching my head as to what to make. This recipe is for one serving, but it's easy to adjust the amount or substitute to your liking....instructions for gravy are included in the directions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cube steaks
- 5 -10 large sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1Make marinade and put with cube steaks in a zip bag. Marinate in the ice box (refrigerator) for an hour, but it is much better longer.
- 2Remove the cube steaks from the marinade, and sprinkle garlic powder and Italian seasoning on both top and bottom.
- 3Brown cube steaks on each side, set aside.
- 4To the drippings, add 1 tbsp of flour, 2 pats of butter and a splash of white wine to deglaze the pan. Stir constantly, adding mushrooms and cube steaks. Simmer for 10-15 minutes over medium heat.
- 5Serve with vegetables and warm bread or rolls.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smothered Cube Steak With Mushrooms-N-Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.8
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 63.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: