Recipe by The Range Rover
This is a change for cornish hen recipes. It is quite tasty.
Top Review by Music Heather
This is a great recipe! The sauce was delicious and could probably be used for many different meats. My only issue was the massive amount of butter involved; the end result was a bit oily (from the butter and the birds). I may experiment with using less butter.
- 2 Cornish hens, split
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hens in the butter in a large skillet over a medium-high heat.
- Then place with breast up in a 13x9 baking dish.
- Add flour into the skillet stirring until smooth.
- Cook 2 minutes; stirring constantly over medium heat.
- Slowly stir in the broth and sherry; cook over medium heat, constantly stirring, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over hens and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour covered.