Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
My family enjoys this quick meal. I have used chicken I had cooked and had in the freezer, chicken from a leftover whole chicken I cooked and chicken from a deli rotisserie. I have also used jarred gravy and leftover gravy. It's been good either way. We like it served over egg noodles.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chicken gravy
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb cooked leftover chicken
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add onion and mushrooms and cook until onions are tender.
- Add gravy.
- Add chicken and mix into the sauce.
- Cover and cook until chicken is heated through.
- Top with parsley.
I think my cats would enjoy this more than I did.
I love this! It's a great way to use up leftover chicken. I made a few adjustments: carmelized the onions, added some dried herbs de provence and a splash of sherry to the mushrooms as they cooked. I turned this into a hash, by serving over browned red potato cubes.
Such a great idea, I was looking for simple and just some inspiration -- this recipe did it for me. Great quick family meal.