Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe out of George Stella's cookbook then tweaked it to suit my tastes.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml poultry seasoning
- salt & pepper
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml ranch dressing (I use Wishbone, it has lower carbs)
- 7.39 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 0.59-1.23 ml paprika
- 56.69 g cream cheese, softened
- 158.51-236.59 ml shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Sprinkle the breasts with salt & pepper.
- Pour the olive oil into a hot pressure cooker then add the onions. Cook the onions for 5 minutes then add the chicken along with the garlic powder & poultry seasoning.
- Put enough water in the cooker to just cover the chicken. Cover with the lid then cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the ingredients for the sauce excluding the shredded cheese.
- Once the chicken is done use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken along with the onions. Place them into a glass baking dish.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken then top with the shredded cheese. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Very good. The only pressure cooked I have in the 12 qt canner, a bit much for 1 serving. I pan browned the chicken until almost done then put it in a small casserole for the oven. I thought that the Parmesan could have left out with the cheese on top (I used a marble cheddar). The chicken came out very moist and tender.