1/2 Photos of Smothered Chicken - Low Carb
I got this recipe out of George Stella's cookbook then tweaked it to suit my tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml poultry seasoning
- salt & pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F Sprinkle the breasts with salt & pepper.
- 2Pour the olive oil into a hot pressure cooker then add the onions. Cook the onions for 5 minutes then add the chicken along with the garlic powder & poultry seasoning.
- 3Put enough water in the cooker to just cover the chicken. Cover with the lid then cook for 10-12 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, mix together the ingredients for the sauce excluding the shredded cheese.
- 5Once the chicken is done use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken along with the onions. Place them into a glass baking dish.
- 6Spoon the sauce over the chicken then top with the shredded cheese. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smothered Chicken - Low Carb
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.1
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 114.7 mg
- Sodium 480.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 31.1 g