Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Light & Tasty. Will make soon because I love cheese and tomatoes with chicken!!
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the oregano, garlic powder, 1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper; rub over chicken.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, brown chicken in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to an 11x7 inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine ricotta cheese and remaining salt and pepper; spoon over chicken. Top with tomatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350F for 15 minutes. Top with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and chicken juices run clear.
This was good. I added italian seasoning to the ricotta and used fresh chopped tomato salsa. I'm glad I added some spice.
Makes a great dinner. I love the flavors together. I served with pasta, and the sauce was really good. It didn't taste to rich for me. I halved the recipe, and used the remaining ricotta and tomatoes for a lasagne. Ill have this on regular rotation for quick dinners. Thanks!
I normally love ricotta cheese , but not on this. I didn;t care for this recipe and I probably won't make it again. My family thought it was just o.k. I think it was too rich for us.