Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is good served over rice. It can be prepared the night before and baked the next day.
Make and share this Smothered Chicken in Wine Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 stalk celery, diagonally sliced
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 118.29 ml catsup
- 118.29 ml apple juice
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange chicken in a 9-inch baking dish.
- Sauté pepper, onions, garlic, and celery in butter until slightly tender. Spoon over chicken pieces.
- In same pan you sautéed vegetables, mix wine, catsup, juice, and brown sugar. Heat and stir until brown sugar melts.
- Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables, cover and bake for 1 hour.
Good, moist chicken, I added sliced mushrooms because we like lots of veggies and served it with couscous. Made for the Football Tag game.
This is a very good chicken dish! The chicken came out very moist and my family ate it all up (even my youngest picky son) so that is always a good sign. I did prepare it the night before and that made it extra easy the next day to just pop it in the oven! Thanks ElaineAnn for another great recipe.