Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe comes from a friend of ours from the lake. We all really enjoyed this when we were served it this past weekend. I just had to have the recipe. Not sure of the name so I decided to give it this name. :)
- 2 -3 large chicken breast fillets
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 habanero
- 1 onion
- 6 -8 mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups monterey jack cheese
- 4 -6 flour tortillas
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Slice up all of bell peppers, mushrooms and onions, clean seeds out of habanero pepper and dice up. Set aside.
- Dice up chicken breast into bite size pieces.
- In a large skillet add chicken pieces and cover with enough water and bring to a boil. Cook until tender, 30 minutes.
- Drain any water from skillet.
- Add chicken pieces back to skillet and add all the bell peppers, onion, habanero chili pepper and mushrooms.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and steam chicken and veggies 5 minutes.
- Drain again if any water is in skillet.
- Add back to skillet and add the monterey jack cheese.
- Stir all together until melted.
- Place 2-3 Tablespoons of mixture onto 1 floured tortilla and roll up. Repeat until mixture is all used up.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Note: you can fry the floured tortilla with mixture after rolled up with alittle olive oil until lightly brown on both sides for a crispy crunch.