Recipe by looneytunesfan
Topped with bacon, caramelized onions and zippy shredded cheese, it comes together in no time with ingredients I usually have on hand. Plus, it cooks in one skillet, so it’s a cinch to clean up!
Top Review by joy of jess
Ok, brand new to the whole cooking world but this recipe was very simple! My husband LOVED it and almost all the ingredients are things I had @ home already. I added a lot of garlic to the chicken and used sharp cheddar instead of colby-monterey jack, I'm sure it's great both ways but I live and breath garlic so had to get it in there. ;) Thanks for the great recipe!!
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 13-15 minutes or until juices run clear; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. In the drippings, saute the onion and brown sugar until onion is golden. Place two bacon strips on each chicken breast half; top with caramelized onions and cheese.