Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr
I love Outback's Alice Springs Chicken and Applebee's Smoothered Chicken, so I sorta created my own version of it. You can use fat-free dressing with this and there is NO difference in the taste (just less fat!) and you can use canned mushrooms when fresh aren't on hand. Also if in a tight bind, you can use can/jarred bacon bits (the real ones not Bacos) instead of the actual bacon slices. I prefer applewood smoked bacon cooked fresh.
- 8 slices bacon, fried
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place chicken breasts in honey Dijon dressing. If using the marinade recipe, mix ingredients for the marinade in a bowl with mixer for 30 seconds (or use 16 oz bottled honey Dijon dressing, can use regular or fat free).
- Marinate overnight.
- Sauté the mushrooms and onion in a little butter.
- Grill chicken until done on a grill with indirect heat. Place on cookie sheet shoving them close together to keep toppings on top with mushrooms, onion and bacon. Add lots of each cheese to each breast.
- Place in hot oven until cheese is melted; serve.