Recipe by agileangus
This recipe comes from the "reader recipes" section of Cooking Light - credit goes to reader Erika Cross MacDonald of Nashua, NH. It is delicious served over rice or egg noodles.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups diagonally sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (8 ounce) packages sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Remove from pan.
- Heat the oil in pan over medium high heat.
- Add carrot, onion, and garlic.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cook 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with flour.
- Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add broth and thyme.
- Bring to a boil and cook until slightly thick, stirring frequently.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Garnish with chives.