Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is absolutely wonderful!! This was made for us by our daughter. It calls for bacon bits but I didn't like the flavor, so the next time she made it with real bacon. Wow! This is to die for!!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- garlic powder
- seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese (4 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, crumbled
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Sprinkle with spices.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil for 4 minutes, turn.
- Top with mushrooms, onion, cheese and bacon.
- Cover and cook until chicken juices run clear and cheese is melted, about 4 minutes.
This was really a good dish. I didn't have bacon bits, but I still loved the dish. The garlic powder and seasoned salt really added taste to the chicken. Thanks for a great recipe!!
Found this in one of my recipe books, and made for dinner tonight. I thought I had to post it - but was pleased it was already here. Nice and easy recipe for a weeknight dinner. We served with corn and wild rice pilaf.
I made this dish for my husband and he loved it! He preferred it without mushrooms though.