Top Review by epoppaw
This is excellent! I definitely recommend it if you want something quick and easy to fix, something you can alter easily to your taste, and relatively common ingredients. Not a lot of preparation!
I will definitely be making this one again. Can work well with South Beach Diet!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 12 inch nonstick skillet with cooking spay,heat over medium heat.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with oregano,salt,garlic powder,pepper and red pepper. Cook in skillet 8-10 minutes,turning once,until juice is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from skillet,keep warm.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Cook bell pepper in onion and butter about 5 minuts,stirring occasionally until crisp-tender.
- Stir in mushrooms.
- Cook 3-5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Place chicken in skillet,spoon vegetables over chicken.
- Sprinkle cheeses over chicken and vegetables,remove from heat.
- Cover and let stand until cheese is melted.