Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray 12 inch nonstick skillet with cooking spay,heat over medium heat.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with oregano,salt,garlic powder,pepper and red pepper. Cook in skillet 8-10 minutes,turning once,until juice is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from skillet,keep warm.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Cook bell pepper in onion and butter about 5 minuts,stirring occasionally until crisp-tender.
- Stir in mushrooms.
- Cook 3-5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Place chicken in skillet,spoon vegetables over chicken.
- Sprinkle cheeses over chicken and vegetables,remove from heat.
- Cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
This is excellent! I definitely recommend it if you want something quick and easy to fix, something you can alter easily to your taste, and relatively common ingredients. Not a lot of preparation!
I will definitely be making this one again. Can work well with South Beach Diet!
I had some chicken breast cut up in strips and decided to marinade them in some beer before sauteing them. I just added the spices from this recipe and stirred the chicken strips in, covered with plastic wrap and ref. for 30 minutes before preparing the recipe. WOW! talk about delicious but this was. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This was very good, so quick and easy to do. The combination of vegetables with the melted cheese worked well with the chicken.