Recipe by will shannon
my mother has made this many times over the years and its always a hit.very simple and delicious.
Top Review by carolinerenee
This was tender and juicy, I loved the flavor, I would however suggest that when you put the flour in that you pour the liquid into a saucepan to thicken it. The gravy wouldn't thicken in the baking dish and the flour kept cooking before I could mix it in. Very very good though, definitely a keeper.
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- place chicken in 9+13 baking dish.
- add water salt and butter.
- cover and bake for 3 hours at 300 degrees turning occasionally.
- when chicken is tender and comming off the bone put flour in enough water to make a thin pasteand add to the chicken mixing well.
- put back in the oven uncovered and bake until lightly browned and gravy is slightly thickened.
- (the gravy is great over light bread or rice).