Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is great served over noodles or rice.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, bone-in
- 1 package dry mushroom gravy mix
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- Heat oil; add onion, green pepper, and celery.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken; cook 7 minutes per side, until browned.
- Combine gravy mix and milk.
- Stir into chicken.
- Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
my picky family loved this chicken dinner over noodles....great to fix in a hurry.....I plan on putting cheese and diced tomatoes on the tops of the chicken next time I fix it. Thanks for the recipe!
I'm sorry, Inez, most all your food is great, but for me this didn't hit the spot. I'll keep fixing mine. Unless I did something wrong, this was a "white" gravy sauce. Being from southeast Louisiana, we're mostly fond of brown gravy made with a roux.
Our family just loved it. Our daughter fixed it, she said it was very easy to prepare. And then she served each individual. It looked like sometime you would get at only the very best places. She did top with cheese and tomatoes. It was so good, we had her make it a second time. Wonderful recipe!!! Thanks!!!