Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My Sis-in-law's recipe.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (4 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (2 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (2 ounces)
- Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with oregano, salt, garlic powder, pepper, and red pepper.
- Cook in skillet 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until juice is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Cook bell pepper and onion in butter about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender.
- Stir in mushrooms.
- Cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- Place chicken in skillet.
- Spoon vegetables over chicken.
- Sprinkle cheeses over chicken and vegetables.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover and let stand until cheese is melted.