You can microwave everything in the same dish, including the whole head of garlic; once cooked, the cloves are soft enough to mash and the taste is mild and sweet. Recipe from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food.
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 head garlic (unpeeled)
- 1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- In a 2-quart microwave-safe dish, toss onion with oil.
- Place garlic in the center, cover and microwave on high 5 minutes.
- Stir bell pepper and tomato paste into onion.
- Rub chicken with paprika and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper; place on vegetables, with the thickest part of breast facing edge of dish. Microwave on high 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked-throughout.
- Remove chicken.
- Remove garlic, slice off top, and squeeze cloves into small bowl.
- Add mayonnaise and lemon juice; mash with a spoon.
- Stir garlic into vegetables; spoon onto plates and serve chicken on top.