Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
oh, this is good. a nice change from pork chops and gravy (which I looove). goes well with mashed potatoes and corn on the cob! thanks for the idea Mo'.
- 2 cups canola oil
- 1 (3 lb) roasting chickens, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 small white onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1. Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2. Wash the chicken, pat dry, and season well with the salts and herbs.
- 3. Dredge the chicken in ½ cup of the flour and shake off any excess. Lay the chicken pieces into the hot oil and cook for 7 to 8 minutes on each side. Remove to paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
- 4. Gradually whisk the remaining 1 ½ cups flour into the oil remaining in the skillet, and cook over medium heat until it begins to brown.
- 5. Add the butter, celery, onion, garlic, and stock and mix thoroughly. Put the chicken back into the skillet, cover and cook for another 15 to 20 minu.