Recipe by Chef Craig in Flint, MI
Boneless skinless chicken breast smothered in red, yellow & green sweet peppers, onions and mushrooms.
Top Review by KellyMae
This dish needs some changes for me to like it better. I found the peppers were 'boiled' and didn't really care for the that, reduced the simmering time to only a few minutes otherwise the peppers would have been mush. Subbed chicken stock for the mushroom liquid that I drained from the can of mushroom. There is potential for a good dish: fresh mushrooms would have been a better choice and panfrying the veggies instead of simmering.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 sweet red pepper (diced)
- 1 yellow sweet pepper (diced)
- 1 green sweet pepper (diced)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour olive oil in a large skillet, then add minced garlic and chicken breasts, cook over medium heat until chicken is almost cooked throughly.
- Now you will add all your peppers and onions; cook until chicken is done.
- Add mushrooms, cover with lid turn down heat and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve over a bed of rice (optional).