Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A tasty, simple and quick way to prepare chicken. Especially good on buttered noodles. (Recipe from Cooking Live)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion, , including green parts
- Clean chicken breasts and dry well.
- In a shallow dish combine flour, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken breasts in flour mixture to coat and shake off excess.
- In large skillet heat 1/4 cup oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken and brown well on both sides.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Pour excess oil from pan, leaving a thin layer.
- Add onions and garlic, saute, stirring occasionally until translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
- In a bowl combine sour cream and chicken broth and green onions and mix well.
- Transfer chicken back to skillet, and pour sour cream mixture over it.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, covered, until done, about 10 minutes.
- Serve on buttered noodles with chopped parsley.
I prepared this tonight, and I thought it was down-right tasty! My daughter loved it too, Husband wasn't wild about it, but - 2 against 1 - we win! I thought it was plenty flavorful, but did add a little salt to the sour cream mixture - also pepper, because pepper is tops in my book. I'm a pro at buttered noodles. I thought the whole thing was delicious, easy, and it didn't have any cream soup in it! Thank you for sharing it.
This was very good and easy to make. I did use fat free sour cream to help with the waistline. I think that I would have liked the sauce slightly thicker, but it was very good just the same.
Good but needs more flavor.