My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop off the hard core of cabbage and discard rinse the cabbage well and slice thinly.
- 2Put the onion in the olive in a medium saucepan and cook gently until a good golden colour.
- 3Add the garlic cook 1 minute, then add the fennel seeds and cabbage.
- 4Cook until the cabbage has wilted turning often with tongs, then season with salt and pepper and pour over the vinegar.
- 5Cover with lid and cook very gently for 45 minutes turning often.
- 6If the cabbage dries up add 1 tablespoon of water.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smothered Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.5
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 293.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: