- 1⁄2 large savoy cabbage
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, flakes or 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop off the hard core of cabbage and discard rinse the cabbage well and slice thinly.
- Put the onion in the olive in a medium saucepan and cook gently until a good golden colour.
- Add the garlic cook 1 minute, then add the fennel seeds and cabbage.
- Cook until the cabbage has wilted turning often with tongs, then season with salt and pepper and pour over the vinegar.
- Cover with lid and cook very gently for 45 minutes turning often.
- If the cabbage dries up add 1 tablespoon of water.