Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs 15 mins
From Betty Crocker.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced carrots
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packageroasted chicken gravy mix
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed and drained
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (5 biscuits)
- In a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker, mix together the chicken, carrots, onion, water, butter, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- During the last 20 minutes of cooking time, stir in the gravy mix.
- Remove the bay leaf; mix the buttermilk and flour together; stir flour mixture and peas into chicken mixture.
- Increase heat to HIGH; cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until peas are hot.
- While the chicken mixture is cooking, prepare biscuits as directed on can.
- Split biscuits; serve chicken mixture over biscuits.
This was pretty good. I made as written except I used a whole cup of buttermilk and 2T flour to make it more soupy. Would make again, I think it would be good on waffles! Thanks for posting.
The entire family thought this chicken was great! And it was incredibly easy considering it's a slow cooker recipe. I love it when everyone is happy! Thanks for sharing!