Recipe by SweetsLady
I got this recipe from a good friend of mine several years ago. It is easy and good! :)
Top Review by Leslie Z.
These are delicious. I made them for my family last night for the first time and they loved them. I substituted regular Velveeta with the queso blanco Velveeta and they turned out great. Definitely a keeper!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 ounces Rotel tomatoes & chilies, undrained
- 1 taco seasoning mix
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese (I use low fat)
- 20 flour tortillas (may use less depending on how much filling you put in)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef, onion, and green pepper until beef is browned and onion is translucent. Drain.
- Add taco seasoning and water as directed on back of mix. Cook for amount directed.
- Stir in refried beans.
- Cube velveeta and put in microwavable bowl. Microwave for a minute or two, add rotel, stir, and microwave again until melted stirring every minute or so.
- Put 1-1/2 cup cheese mixture into beef. Set other cheese aside for end.
- Warm tortillas in microwave.
- Put 1/2 cup or more of cheese/beef mixture into each tortilla.
- Roll and place in greased 13x9 pan. (You will probably need 2 pans for this.)
- Put rest of cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes.