Cooking Light recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 2 cups vertically sliced onions
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb ground round
- 4 slices Texas toast thick bread (1-ounce slices)
- 1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1Prepare grill.
- 2Heat a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add onion; cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook, uncovered, 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Remove onion from pan, and keep warm.
- 3Heat pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon salt; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- 4Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and beef. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- 5Preheat broiler.
- 6Place patties on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until done. Place bread on grill rack; grill 1 minute on each side or until toasted.
- 7Arrange bread on a baking sheet. Top each bread slice with 1 patty, 1/4 cup onion, 1/4 cup mushrooms, and 2 tablespoons cheese; broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smothered Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.7
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 92.9 mg
- Sodium 830.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 27.9 g