Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a fantastic recipe that my family and I came up with when we used to own a cafe. We wanted to come up with something different that could be used as a special, but that was made from ingredients we already kept on hand... it's SO easy and takes so little time!!!! I love these! YUMMY! Eat up!
- 3 potatoes
- 1 lb ground beef
Green Chile Sauce
- 15 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 15 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup green chili pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Poke holes in the potatoes with a fork, then place each in a ziploc bag and cook in the microwave for 2 minutes apiece or until done. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet then set aside.
- Pour both cans of soup into a sauce pan and put over medium heat.
- When the soup begins to steam, begin adding your remaining sauce ingredients. You can adjust the amount of chile to suit your liking!
- Cook sauce until it bubbles and is heated through thoroughly.
- Simply top your baked potatoes with the cooked beef, then smother with sauce. It's delicious if you top this with grated cheese, sour cream, and salsa!