Recipe by Lizzybob
This was on the American Diabetes Association website. It's written for one person but can easily be made for more. It's a nice lower fat meal.
- 1 large cap portabella mushroom
- 2 tablespoons low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup spaghetti sauce (I use homemade)
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cooked pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Stem mushroom and saute in nonstick, oven-safe pan for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Spoon ricotta cheese into mushroom cavity.
- I sprinkle a little garlic powder on top.
- Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of spaghetti sauce on top. Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove and add cooked pasta to the side of the mushroom. Pour remaining sauce over pasta and mushroom.
- Sprinkle with mozzerella cheese and bake until cheese is bubbly.