Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My family loves this .My mother taught me how to cook this when I was a kid.
- 1 lb cubed steak
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, cut up
- 1 green pepper, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- put flour salt and pepper in large zip lock bag put meat in and seal and shake until its all coverd.
- put oil in electic skillet or frying pan and heat on med to med hi.
- put met in and brown on both sides.
- put onion and green peppers in let cook 5 minutes.
- pour tomato sauce over meat oions and green peppers cover and simmer 45 minutes or until meat is tender.
- check oten so dosen't stick or burn.
I too had this as a child but had forgotten the recipe. I now cook for my Mom and she will be tickled to get this forgotten treat. Thank you so much.
We used pork cubed steaks for this recipe. This was a nice easy, quick dinner. They came out VERY soft and the sauce was great! Thanks for sharing, will definately make this again.