From Eatingwell.com - posted for ZWT #6! I think it sounds fun... They say to serve it with boiled red potatoes or beet salad...
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons rinsed capers, finely chopped
- 4 ounces smoked trout, skin removed, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 12 slices whole wheat bread or 12 slices rye bread, lightly toasted
- Mix sour cream, lemon zest and juice in a medium bowl. Combine eggs, dill, onion and capers (if using) in another medium bowl. Stir in half of the sour cream mixture.
- Add trout, celery, parsley, caraway seeds (if using) and pepper to the remaining sour cream mixture.
- To assemble sandwiches: Divide the egg mixture among 4 slices of bread. Top with bread, then spread with the trout mixture. Top with the remaining bread. Cut each sandwich in half and serve.