Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is a recipe for a tasty smores sundae with a peanut butter twist. And no need to worry about cleaning up ice cream bowls, your crepes will do the dirty work!
- 6 (6 inch) prepared crepes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Splenda sugar substitute (for dusting crepes)
- 1 cup sugar-free chocolate syrup
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups sugar-free vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup graham cracker, sheets (crumbled)
- 1⁄2 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄2 cup prepared whipped cream (or more)
- aluminum foil
- Spread a bit of melted butter onto one side of the crepes then sprinkle some splenda onto each crepe on the buttered side.
- Put prepared 6 inch crepes into 1/2-cup greased muffin tins or ramekins sugar side up.
- Pace a ball of foil in the center of each cup to keep the crepes open.
- Bake crepe cups in a preheated oven 400°F for 4 minutes, remove the foil, then continue to bake the cups for 6 to 7 minutes more, or until they are crisp.
- Remove crepes from oven and let cool.
- While crepes are cooling microwave the Sugar-free chocolate flavored syrup and peanut butter on a low setting for 1 minute stirring every 20 seconds until it is melted and combined.
- Scoop the ice cream into each crepe cup, filling as full as you would like taking care not to break the crepe cups.
- Sprinkle some graham crackers on top of the ice cream, then drizzle with the chocolate peanut butter sauce, then top with mini marshmallows, and finally top with whipped cream and serve.
I changed several things in order to try the recipe by not using sugar free products. The crepe cups were a cute idea and very easy to do! I had selected Recipe #19104 and froze crepes to use during the contest. They thawed & molded wonderfully for this recipe. In order to make this more s'more like in my mind I elected to use marshmellow cream. My biggest reservation was the chocolate syrup. I know it was a required contest ingredient, but really think melted chocolate would be better suited in this recipe. Thank you for your entry in RSC #12.