Recipe by MiSs CooKette
I am a big lover of candied yams and i thought why not add more candy. This recipe is sweet and very yummy. Just make sure to make enough because you will want seconds. I was experimenting different ingredients instead of the old fashioned candied yams and i thought of this. Me and my fiance loved it. I hope you enjoy.
- 5 -6 yams
- 1⁄2 Hershey chocolate candy bar (broken up in small pieces)
- 2 honey graham crackers (crushed fine)
- 8 ounces marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel yams and slice into 3 parts.
- Put in large pot of boiling water 1 hour.
- Drain, and mash yams until mostly smooth.
- (I usually leave them a little chunky).
- Keep in pot.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Except for the marshmallows, add in brown sugar, finely crushed graham crackers, butter and 1/2 Hershey bar.
- Transfer yams into 8x10 inch pan or whichever you have that the yams will fit into.
- Top the yams off with marshmallows and bake uncovered at 350°F for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish, especially with turkey!