Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
My kids love these muffins. The reviewers are right; they don't really taste like s'mores.
Make and share this S'mores Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup yogurt (regular, low-fat, or nonfat)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup mini marshmallows
- In a bowl, whisk the flour and next 5 ingredients togehter until well blended; set aside.
- In a big bowl, whisk the egg until lightly beaten; then whisk in the yogurt until smooth.
- Whisk in the milk, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate chips and marshmallows; then stir in flour mixture until the chips and marshmallows are evenly distributed in the batter (don't over mix).
- Fill muffin cups that have been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray 3/4 full.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15-17 minutes or until muffins have firm, rounded, lightly browned tops; a pick should come out with a few crumbs attached.
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool 10 minutes.
- Turn out muffins; cool on wire rack 5 minutes.
- Cool muffins completely before storing in an air-tight container or freezing them in freezer bags.
DD and I made these as part of our Father's Day breakfast this morning. We used Greek yogurt and mini chocolate chips (I always use mini morsels when baking muffins, cakes and cupcakes - they are less likely to sink to the bottom when baking) Just like you stated, they don't taste like a s'more, but they were very good. Word of advise, spray the muffin tin and don't use paper cupcake liners. They will stick! But they are scrap the bottom of the liner good. ;0) Update- I had to make another batch of these but all I had on hand was blueberry fruit on the bottom greek yogurt and baking blend margarine. Pulled the blueberries out and added a couple of spoonfuls of reduced fat sour cream to get the amount needed and left out extra salt. Still turned out terrific!!
I don't know what a S'more is but these were lovely little cupcakes. My 4 year old especially enjoyed them.
My family members either liked it or found it a little strange-tasting. Texture was very moist and sticky, perhaps because of the marshmallows. Maybe it is my yogurt, so I may make again and revise my rating. Thank you for posting.