Recipe by Carb Lover
Pudding, graham crackers, whipped cream - yum!! My Mom used to make this all the time when I was a kid back in the 60's. She loved the fact that no oven was needed. I have adapted my Mom's recipe. She used plain chocolate pudding, layered with the graham crackers, set overnight and topped with whipped cream. Here's mine, in memory of you Mom.
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) boxes instant chocolate pudding mix (large size)
- 18 graham crackers, sheets (add more if needed)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- Cool Whip, to top dessert
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the chocolate pudding according to package directions. Set aside.
- Line the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan with graham crackers.
- Pour 1/3 of the pudding across the crackers; sprinkle with marshmallows.
- Cover with another layer of graham crackers, pudding, and marshmallows.
- Continue until all the pudding is gone, about 3 layers; make sure that graham crackers are the final top layer.
- Cover and place in the bottom of the refrigerator overnight so the flavors meld and the graham crackers soften up.
- Cut into about 15 squares; top each with a dollop of Cool Whip.
- This tastes like a s'more; it is a refreshing and cool dessert for the summer.
- The cooking time is actually the time overnight in the fridge.
- •Use white chocolate pudding and raspberry jam, spreading the jam on the graham crackers.
- •Use vanilla or banana pudding and sliced bananas.
- •Purest form just like my Mom's, simply layer graham crackers and chocolate pudding--simple and good.