48 hrs 20 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
Any kid young and old will love this pie. Best to begin making it the day before. The recipe comes from another web-site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (or use a prepared graham cracker crust)
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, slightly softened until spreadable
- 2 cups coarsely chopped chocolate-covered graham cracker cookies
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 5 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 1For crust; Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray 9-inch-diameter metal pie pan with nonstick spray.
- 3Mix graham crackers crumbs and melted butter in a bowl and blend.
- 4Transfer to prepared pie pan.
- 5Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of pan.
- 6Bake until crust is set and golden, about 11 minutes, cool completely.
- 7For Filling; Begin making this one day ahead, to soften ice cream uniformly, place the container (Lid removed) in the microwave and heat for 10-second intervals on medium powder.
- 8Using offset spatula, spread half of softened ice cream evenly in crust.
- 9sprinkle 1 cup chopped chocolate-covered graham crackers evenly over ice cream.
- 10Spread remaining ice cream over, covering graham cracker crumbs completely, Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
- 11Drop marshmallow creme by tablespoons over the top of pie.
- 12Using moistened fingertips, spread in even layer.
- 13Sprinkle mini marshmallows evenly over, pressing slightly to adhere.
- 14Cover and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- 15For sauce: Bring whipping cream to a boil in heavy small saucepan.
- 16Remove from heat.
- 17Add chocolate; let stand 2 minutes to soften, then whisk until melted and smooth.
- 18(Pie and sauce can be made 3 days ahead. Keep pie frozen. Cover and chill sauce; rewarm sauce over low heat just until pourable before serving.) Preheat broiler, Cover pie crust edges with foil collar.
- 19Broil pie just until marshmallows are golden brown, watching closely to avoid burning and rotating pan to brown evenly if necessary, about 2 minutes.
- 20Transfer Pie to platter and serve Immediately with warm sauce.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for S'mores Ice Cream Pie With Warm Milk Chocolate Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 608.7
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 69.8 mg
- Sodium 190.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 57.9 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate-covered graham cracker cookies