Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 48 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Any kid young and old will love this pie. Best to begin making it the day before. The recipe comes from another web-site.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (or use a prepared graham cracker crust)
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, slightly softened until spreadable
- 2 cups coarsely chopped chocolate-covered graham cracker cookies
- 1 1⁄2 cups marshmallow creme
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 5 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped
- For crust; Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 9-inch-diameter metal pie pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix graham crackers crumbs and melted butter in a bowl and blend.
- Transfer to prepared pie pan.
- Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of pan.
- Bake until crust is set and golden, about 11 minutes, cool completely.
- For Filling; Begin making this one day ahead, to soften ice cream uniformly, place the container (Lid removed) in the microwave and heat for 10-second intervals on medium powder.
- Using offset spatula, spread half of softened ice cream evenly in crust.
- sprinkle 1 cup chopped chocolate-covered graham crackers evenly over ice cream.
- Spread remaining ice cream over, covering graham cracker crumbs completely, Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
- Drop marshmallow creme by tablespoons over the top of pie.
- Using moistened fingertips, spread in even layer.
- Sprinkle mini marshmallows evenly over, pressing slightly to adhere.
- Cover and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- For sauce: Bring whipping cream to a boil in heavy small saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate; let stand 2 minutes to soften, then whisk until melted and smooth.
- (Pie and sauce can be made 3 days ahead. Keep pie frozen. Cover and chill sauce; rewarm sauce over low heat just until pourable before serving.) Preheat broiler, Cover pie crust edges with foil collar.
- Broil pie just until marshmallows are golden brown, watching closely to avoid burning and rotating pan to brown evenly if necessary, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer Pie to platter and serve Immediately with warm sauce.
I started making this last night, and finished it off after dinner tonight. I eeked a little when I saw all of the time and effort that this takes, but, believe me, the results are WELL worth it! I did slack a bit and use a pre made graham cracker pie crust. This was just heavenly! I doubt that there will be much left after my husband gets through with it! Thanks for posting this fantastic recipe!