Prep 48 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Any kid young and old will love this pie. Best to begin making it the day before. The recipe comes from another web-site.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (or use a prepared graham cracker crust)
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, slightly softened until spreadable
- 2 cups coarsely chopped chocolate-covered graham cracker cookies
- 1 1⁄2 cups marshmallow creme
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 5 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped
- For crust; Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 9-inch-diameter metal pie pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix graham crackers crumbs and melted butter in a bowl and blend.
- Transfer to prepared pie pan.
- Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of pan.
- Bake until crust is set and golden, about 11 minutes, cool completely.
- For Filling; Begin making this one day ahead, to soften ice cream uniformly, place the container (Lid removed) in the microwave and heat for 10-second intervals on medium powder.
- Using offset spatula, spread half of softened ice cream evenly in crust.
- sprinkle 1 cup chopped chocolate-covered graham crackers evenly over ice cream.
- Spread remaining ice cream over, covering graham cracker crumbs completely, Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
- Drop marshmallow creme by tablespoons over the top of pie.
- Using moistened fingertips, spread in even layer.
- Sprinkle mini marshmallows evenly over, pressing slightly to adhere.
- Cover and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- For sauce: Bring whipping cream to a boil in heavy small saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate; let stand 2 minutes to soften, then whisk until melted and smooth.
- (Pie and sauce can be made 3 days ahead. Keep pie frozen. Cover and chill sauce; rewarm sauce over low heat just until pourable before serving.) Preheat broiler, Cover pie crust edges with foil collar.
- Broil pie just until marshmallows are golden brown, watching closely to avoid burning and rotating pan to brown evenly if necessary, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer Pie to platter and serve Immediately with warm sauce.
I started making this last night, and finished it off after dinner tonight. I eeked a little when I saw all of the time and effort that this takes, but, believe me, the results are WELL worth it! I did slack a bit and use a pre made graham cracker pie crust. This was just heavenly! I doubt that there will be much left after my husband gets through with it! Thanks for posting this fantastic recipe!