Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
from bon appetit, this is almost no cooking, just prep and freeze time
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
- 2 cups chopped chocolate graham crackers
- 1 1⁄2 cups marshmallow cream
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 5 ounces chopped chocolate
- add half of softened ice cream to pie crust.
- add graham crackers, top with remaining ice cream.
- add marshmallow topping to cover, top w/marshmallows.
- freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- for sauce heat cream to boil, remove from heat, stir in chocolate.
- to serve: preheat broiler, broil pie until marshmellows begin to brown, about 2 minutes, drizzle with sauce and serve.
Oh such a treat! My DD and her friend enjoyed making this for their slumber party! We added chopped walnuts before we added the sauce. Yummy!
Several of my diner guests opted for seconds as this tastes delicious - five stars for sure. However, the experience of making it garners no more than two stars. Trying the spread the marshmallow creme over the softened ice cream was a huge mess and then the marshmallow topping oozed all over the place before it set up in the freezer. I ended up spraying my fingers with cooking spray and patting out the marshmallow creme like one would do with a pizza dough. In the unlikley event I make this again I would reduce the marshmallow by at least 1/2 a cup. Also, I didn't make the topping noted, just sprinkled mini chocolate chips on top along with the mini marshmallows.