Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe came from a children's "rainy day fun" idea book. The theme of the whole day was to have a campout inside. Since you can't make regular s'mores, these are just as good, might even be less messy, and will be fun to make together.
- 1 (18 ounce) box supermoist yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 5 milk chocolate candy bars
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon milk
- 24 -48 Teddy Grahams honey graham snacks (or other "bear-shaped" grahams snacks)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line 24 muffin cups with papers.
- Finely chop 4 of the candy bars. Mix the cake mix as directed on the box for 2 minutes. Fold in the graham cracker crumbs and chocolate. Divide the batter among the cups and bake 20-24 minutes or until done. Cool 10 minutes in pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, about 30 minutes. (This can be done ahead of time if desired.).
- Remove the foil seal from the marshmallow cream and heat in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. In a large bowl, beat the creme, butter, and powdered sugar until blended. Beat in enough milk, starting with 1/2 teaspoons at a time, until frosting becomes spreadable. Frost cupcakes.
- Divide the remaining chocolate bar into the individual rectangles and cut those rectangles in half. Place 1 rectangle half and 1 or 2 Teddy grahams on the top of each cupcake. After the frosting has set, store covered loosely at room temperature.