Recipe by Munchkin Mama
These are a delicious bar cookie, and they look great too!!
Top Review by under12parsecs
Completely wonderful! These are so very s'mores-y. They have an almost cake-like texture topped with melty, gooey chocolatey and marshmallowy goodness. I ran out of graham cracker crumbs and so had to use about 1/2 c vanilla wafer crumbs, but otherwise followed the recipe and they turned out beautifully.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temp. (2 sticks)
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups marshmallow creme (or marshmallow topping such as marshmallow fluff)
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 13 x 9 dish with foil and grease the foil.
- In a bowl combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt Mix well.
- In a large bowl, with a mixer, beat butter and sugar til light, about 2 minute Beat in eggs. Slowly beat in the flour mixture.
- Divide dough in half. Press half into prepared pan.
- Spread with marshmallow topping and sprinkle with 1 1/2 Celsius choc chips.
- Scatter rest of dough on top, letting some of the marshmallow and chips peek through.
- Bake until golden brown 30-35 minutes. Upon immediate removal of the oven, sprinkle on remaining chocolate chips.
- Peel off the foil when cool.
- Best to chill the bars 1 hour or overnight for easiest removal from pan.