Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a kid/teen favorite! Tastes just like Smores. Bottom crust is a graham cracker flavored cookie with real hershey bars in the middle layer and then topped with marshmallows and more cookie dough. I took these to a cookie exchange and the plate was emptied in about 5 minutes.
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 7 Hershey chocolate candy bars (or 2 8-oz pkgs. Hershey's mini chocolate candy bars)
- 6 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture, beating until blended.
- Press half of dough in a greased 9x13 pan. (reserve remaining dough).
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Arrange a single layer of chocolate bars over baked layer, breaking as needed to fit. Sprinkle with marshmallows; scatter bits of remaining dough over marshmallows forming top layer.
- Return to oven and bake 15 minutes more or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.