Recipe by veraj9170
Rich and satisfyingly sinful! Feels like camping only inside! Great and the kids both big and small enjoy this a lot. NOTE: For chocolate bars use King Size Hersheys and for the marshmallow fluff DO NOT use melted marshmallows.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 milk chocolate candy bars
- 1 1⁄2 cups marshmallow cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease an 8 inch square baking pan.
- In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined. Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Place chocolate bars over dough. 2 king size Hershey's bars should fit perfectly side by side, but break the chocolate (if necessary) to get to fit in a single layer no more than 1/4 inch thick. Spread chocolate with marshmallow fluff.
- Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff (easily achieved by flattening the dough into small shingles and laying them together).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Makes about 16 cookie bars.