Recipe by BrewedAwakenings
I've been looking for a S'more bar recipe and I just couldn't seem to find one. So I took a graham bar cookie recipe I'd found and just made my own. I took these to my company picnic and everyone just loved them. It is really quick and simple to make. The longest part is letting it cool before topping it.
For the cookie
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 32 whole cinnamon graham crackers, crushed fine to make 2 cups (I just use plain out of the box graham cracker crumbs and a bit of cinnamon & sugar to taste.)
- 1 cup angel flake coconut
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
For the topping
- 1 (16 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk, I add 1 Tablespoon and mix it all together, then add the rest in by 1/4 teaspoons until desired cons
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325. & grease a standard size cookie sheet. I use parchment paper to lift it off the sheet better.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add egg, milk, and vanilla. Beat just until blended, the mixture will be grainy.
- Stir in graham cracker crumbs, coconut, and chocolate until just mixed (The mixture will be thick).
- Spread evenly in pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until lightly brown on top & middle is barely firm to touch. Cool.
- For the Topping:.
- Spread fluff over the top of cooled cookie, getting it right to the edges.
- Cream butter, cocoa, syrup and vanilla in a small bowl. Add confectioner's sugar and milk; beat to spreading consistency.
- Makes about 1 cup of frosting.
- *Note* If wanted you can toast the fluff under a broiler before adding the frosting or even add mini toasted marshmallows to the top.