Recipe by MarieRynr
A decadent impressive dessert that appeals to everyone's inner Boy Scout or Girl Scout. Begin preparing this a day ahead.
Top Review by HappyTune
This was really wonderful. I used a jar of Hershey's fudge Topping (I couldn't find "fudge sauce"). I'm not sure if it matters because it turned out great. The only negative was how hard and sticky the marshmallows became when left over. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 16 whole graham crackers (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup whole almond, toasted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 quarts coffee ice cream, softened,until spreadable
- 2 1⁄2 cups fudge sauce (Hershey's is good)
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Finely grind graham crackers, toasted almonds and 3 TBS sugar in processor.
- Add 1/2 cup melted butter; process mixture until moist crumbs form.
- Press mixture onto bottom and up sides of 9 inch diameter spring form pan with 2 3/4 inch sides.
- Bake crust until edges are golden, about 12 minutes.
- Cool completely before proceeding.
- Spread 2 cups softened ice cream in cooled crust.
- Spoon 3/4 cup Fudge Sauce over.
- Freeze until sauce is just set, about 10 minutes.
- Repeat layering with 2 cups ice cream, then 3/4 cups sauce.
- Freeze until sauce is just set.
- Spread remaining 2 cups ice cream over.
- Cover and freeze cake overnight.
- Refrigerate remaining sauce.
- Preheat broiler.
- Warm remaining fudge sauce.
- Place cake in pan on baking sheet.
- Spread marshmallow creme over top.
- Sprinkle miniature marshmallows in a single layer over top.
- Broil, just until marshmallows are deep brown, watching closely to avoid burning, about 1 minute.
- Run knife between pan sides and cake to loosen.
- Remove pan sides.
- Cut cake into wedges.
- Serve cake immediately with warm fudge sauce.