Top Review by banyan1027
This cake is so easy and so delicious I made it twice in one week! The cake is super moist and really does taste like a smore. I made mine in a bunt pan; it was beautiful when it was done. I garnished the finished cake with gram cracker quarters, bits of chocolate bar and mini marshmallow. The finished cake looks like you were in the kitchen for hours. I had better luck with the fudge in the cake by putting half of my cake batter in, then the fudge, then finishing it off with the remaining batter. This cake is a great summer time hit!! I am going to try it in the Dutch Oven this weekend!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packagebetty crocker supermoist yellow cake mix
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (14 squares)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) jar hot fudge or 1 (16 ounce) jar chocolate syrup
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°. Grease bottom only of rectangular pan, 13 x 9 x 2 inches, with shortening.
- Beat cake mix, cracker crumbs, water, oil and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- Reserve 1/4 cup hot fudge topping. Drop remaining hot fudge topping by generous tablespoonfuls randomly in 12 to 14 mounds onto batter in pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Run knife around side of pan to loosen cake. Cool 15 minutes.
- Spoon teaspoonfuls of marshmallow creme onto warm cake; carefully spread with knife dipped in hot water. Drop small dollops of reserved hot fudge topping randomly over marshmallow creme.
- Swirl topping through marshmallow creme with knife for marbled design. Cool 2 hours. Store uncovered at room temperature. (Once cut, store cake in the pan, uncovered, with plastic wrap pressed against cut sides.).