Recipe by funthymecookin'
If you like smores and brownies, why not have the best of both worlds?! This recipe was adapted from a variation of online recipes.
Top Review by dukeswalker
holy gooey brownie goodness!!! I used Trader Joes Gluten Free Brownie Mix and made 1/2 the tray without graham crackers due to a wheat intolerance. Both versions were AMAZINGLY good. I did struggle cutting them into squares as the marshmallow kept gunking up on the knife and getting all over the place. Otherwise - WOW!
- 1 (20 ounce) box brownie mix (enough for a 9 x 13 pan, you will need eggs, oil and water for preparation)
- 3 chocolate candy bars
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 8 graham crackers (or enough to cover bottom of pan)
- 1 tablespoon shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9 x 13 pan using shortening.
- Line 9 x 13 pan with graham crackers until bottom is completely covered (You will need to cut a few to fit, yes you CAN cut graham crackers with a knife!)
- Prepare brownie mix according to directions for cake-like brownies.
- Pour prepared batter over graham crackers.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean (or if you like gooey brownies, you can underbake them by a few minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle marshmallows over the top of the brownies, cover completely.
- Break chocolate bars into small pieces and sprinkle on top of marshmallows, try to distribute evenly for best results and appearance.
- Place back into oven for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until marshmallows have melted.
- Remove and let cool (or serve warm if you like) and cut into pieces.