Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
For the brownie layer you can use a box brownie mix; just prepare as directed on the package. Haven't made them yet so the prep time is a guess.
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs, divided (about 45 crackers, crushed)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a 13x9-inch pan with foil so foil extends over 2 ends. Grease foil and sides of pan.
- For the crust, combine 2 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs and butter in a medium bowl; mix well. Press evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- For the brownies, melt shortening and butter over low heat or in the microwave. Remove from heat and add cocoa, blending well with a wooden spoon. Add sugar and mix well. Add eggs one at a time, beat well, by hand, after each addition. Stir in vanilla, flour, and salt. Do not overmix. Pour brownie batter over graham cracker crust; spread evenly. Bake 25-30 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack; cool completely.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat marshmallows on HIGH, stirring once, until slightly melted, 20-30 seconds.
- Spread the marshmallows over the brownies.
- Sprinkle the remaining graham cracker crumbs over the marshmallows.
- Spoon melted chocolate into a resealable plastic bag. Snip off 1 corner of the bag; drizzle the chocolate over the brownies.
- When the toppings are cool, use the foil overhangs as handles and lift the brownies out of the pan; transfer to a cutting board. Cut the brownies into 24 pieces.