Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From joyofbaking.com, a super simple way to bring the campfire home with you.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and place the rack in the center of the oven. Line the bottom and sides of an 8 x 8 inch (23 x 23 cm) square baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Stir together the graham cracker crumbs and the sugar. Add the melted butter and stir until all the crumbs are moistened. Press this mixture firmly onto the bottom of the prepared pan and bake in preheated oven about 10 minutes, or just until the crust begins to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and evenly sprinkle with the chocolate chips and marshmallows. Return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes, or until the marshmallows are soft, lightly golden, and starting to meld together.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, lift the squares from the pan by holding the edges of the foil.
- With a long sharp knife, cut into squares.
- Can be stored at room temperature for several days.
Great recipe! Very quick and easy to throw together! Perfect for a picnic or potluck!