Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A decadent treat that can be messy, but totally worth it!
- 6 granny smith apples
- 6 wooden sticks
- 1 (14 ounce) packageindividually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed graham crackers
- Insert wooden sticks 3/4 of the way into the stem end of each apple.
- Place apples on a cookie sheet covered with lightly greased aluminum foil.
- Combine caramels and water in a saucepan over low heat.
- Cook, stirring often, until caramel melts and is smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Dip each apple into the caramel and gently run apples around insides of saucepan to scrape off some of the caramel.
- Scrape excess caramel from the apple bottoms using the side of the saucepan.
- Combine the miniature marshmallows and graham crackers on a dinner plate.
- Roll the apples in the mixture to coat.
- Place on the aluminum foil and chill.
- Put the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cook in the microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle over the apples and return them to the refrigerator until ready to serve.