Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
From Pillsbury Holiday Cookies
Make and share this S'more Thumbprint Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups mini marshmallows, about 120
- 6 1⁄4 ounces milk chocolate candy bars
- Heat oven to 325.
- In large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, beat until blended. Add flour, cracker crumbs and salt. Beat on low speed 1 minute or until stiff dough forms.
- Shape dough by heaping teaspoonfuls into 60 balls. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. With thumb, make indention in center of each.
- Bake 10-12 min or until cookies are firm and edges are just beginning to brown. Lightly press 2 marshmallows in center of each cookie; bake 2-3 minutes longer. Top marshmallows on each cookies with 1 rectangle of chocolate' let stand till soft, smear with knife. Let stand until chocolate is set.
AMAZING! Everyone that had one was practically drooling over how good these were. I made a small mistake, I only made 24 cookies because I used a tablespoon to form the dough. But it worked out great they were big and chewy and delicious. I will be making these again for sure!
Made these more than anything for the kids in our mobile home park, & ALSO for as a 'come-on' during the park-wide garage sale! By all accounts, they were a success, & only a handful were left at the end of our 4-hour stint at the sales table! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Potluck Tag game]
I got very mixed reviews on this one... I tried them out on 21 kids for DD's class party and some kids went back for seconds whilst others took one bite and left the rest on their plates. Personal preference is everything isn't it ? Please see my rating system: 3 lovely stars for a recipe that pleased some but not others. It was good to try at least to see. ( made for Please Review My recipe Tag game) Thanks!