Recipe by kelly123
You can be sure all of them will be eaten and they will still be coming back for more!
Top Review by Honey Bee T
This turned out great~ I was looking for a snack cake to make for a picnic. I didn't have any marshmallow creme on hand, so I topped the baked cake with mini marshmallows and put back under a high broiler for 3 minutes. It came out beautifully.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (24 squares)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme (1 1/2 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 13x9-inch pan.
- In medium bowl combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat brown sugar, shortening and eggs until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients and milk; mix at low speed 1 minute.
- Stir in 2/3 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in greased and floured pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 to 35 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 1/3 cup chocolate chips in small saucepan over low heat.
- Spoon teaspoonfuls of marshmallow creme onto top of warm cake; carefully spread with knife dipped in hot water.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and swirl chocolate through marshmallow creme to marble.
- Cool completely.