Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
You can be sure all of them will be eaten and they will still be coming back for more!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (24 squares)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme (1 1/2 cups)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 13x9-inch pan.
- In medium bowl combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat brown sugar, shortening and eggs until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients and milk; mix at low speed 1 minute.
- Stir in 2/3 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in greased and floured pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 to 35 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 1/3 cup chocolate chips in small saucepan over low heat.
- Spoon teaspoonfuls of marshmallow creme onto top of warm cake; carefully spread with knife dipped in hot water.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and swirl chocolate through marshmallow creme to marble.
- Cool completely.
This turned out great~ I was looking for a snack cake to make for a picnic. I didn't have any marshmallow creme on hand, so I topped the baked cake with mini marshmallows and put back under a high broiler for 3 minutes. It came out beautifully.
A winner at this house of marshmallow cream lovers. I had exactly 2/3 cup mini chocolate (semi-sweet) chips and used them in the cake and then melted 1/3 cup of regular milk chocolate chips with just a touch of vegetable oil to keep it from clumping up during cooling. It looked pretty cool with drizzles and splatters of chocolate everywhere. My dh and boys' only thoughts, were that I should put MORE marshmallow cream on top! :) I think the amount is just perfect BUT if you have a family of marshmallow lovers, you might want to buy a bigger jar! Thanks for sharing.
I'm so glad this is already posted. I love this especially because of the sticky marshmallow top.