Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a good drink for a small crowd during the holidays.
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup Amaretto
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Toast marshmallows over stove top until golden. Let cool.
- In a small pot, bring half-and-half to a boil, then pour it over chocolate in a bowl and stir until chocolate has melted.
- Return chocolate mixture to the pot and whisk in the milk.
- Over medium heat, bring to a simmer and stir in 1/2 cup amaretto.
- Pour remaining amaretto into a small bowl; place graham-cracker crumbs on a saucer.
- To assemble:
- Dip the rims of the shot glasses in amaretto, then in the graham-cracker crumbs. Fill glasses with hot chocolate and top each with a toasted marshmallow.
This is such a fun drink, and makes a great presentation! I want to try it again with marshmallows over the fire too. Thanks for sharing!
Sweet and rich, the Amaretto adds a nice underlying flavor (maybe add a smidge more) . I couldn't get the crumbs to stick to the cup (I used a small espresso cup) so I dipped and munched a graham cracker with my drink - the flavor combination goes well together. Made for the Comfort Cafe winter 2010