Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Who would have thought to take a traditional camping dessert and make it into a delicious *adult* dessert?? Bob Blumer from the Food Network, that's who. I saw this on the Saturday Early Show and can't wait to try it!
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 8 ounces best-available-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped into teeny-weeny bits
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup Amaretto
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Toast marshmallows over a campfire or stovetop until golden brown; let cool and reserve.
- In a small pot, bring half-and-half to a boil.
- In a medium bowl, add chocolate; pour cream over chocolate and stir until chocolate has fully melted.
- Return chocolate ganache to the pot and whisk in milk.
- Over medium heat, bring to a simmer and stir in 1/2 cup of amaretto.
- Pour remaining amaretto into a small bowl so that it is 1/4 inch deep and place graham cracker crumbs on a small saucer 1/4 inch deep.
- To assemble, dip the rims of each shot glass in amaretto, then in the graham cracker crumbs.
- Fill glasses with hot chocolate and top each with a toasted marshmallow (make your life easier by transferring the hot chocolate first to a measuring cup with a spout).
This is my New Faroutie Grownup drink. Yummy and warm inside. Delish is in taste. Can't wait to make this for my friend back in Switzerland!