1 hr 15 mins
Ravioli isn't just for dinner anymore! This rich, made from a rich chocolate dough, is an original recipe by Laura Stanke, adapted by the Food Network.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 graham crackers, broken into pieces
- 6 ounces dark chocolate (or a combination) or 6 ounces milk chocolate, chopped (or a combination)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1For the filling: Pulse the graham crackers in a food processor until crumbly. Add the chocolate and cream cheese, and continue to pulse till crumbly but pasty.
- 2Using the filling portion(the bumpy side" of a 12-section ravioli mold, cover the indented side with plastic wrap. Pack some of the filling into each indentation, leveling each one so it's "flush" with the top of the mold. Remove and place on a plate. Repeat to make 24 fillings. Cover the filling with plastic wrap and refrigerate. (Eat the crumbs left behind).
- 3To make the dough:Combine the butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl. Beat at med. speed, until fluffy and combined, about 2 minutes. Add the molasses and vanilla and beat till combined.
- 4In a separate bowl, whisk both flours, the baking soda, salt and cinnamon together. Add flour mixture to butter mixture in 3 parts, alternating with cream in 2 parts, beginning and ending with flour. Be careful not to overwork the dough. Divide into 2 disks, wrap in plastic wrap and chill until very firm, about 1 hour.
- 5Lay out an 11X15" piece of foil on a clean workspace and sprinkle generously with flour.
- 6Place a disk of dough on top and cover with a large sheet of plastic wrap. Roll the dough between the two layers. (Voila, no messy hands)until you have a rectangle measuring 10X13", cutting and patching as needed. Repeat with the other disk of dough. Transfer each foil to a cookie sheet and refrigerate for 30 minute to 1 hour.
- 7When chilled, remove plastic wrap from 1 flat of chilled and rolled dough. Spray the zig-zag side of the ravioli mold with non-stick spray and sprinkle it with flour. Place the mold, zig-zag side down, onto the lower half of the dough, making a slight indent in the dough. Take the chocolate filling from the fridge. Place a round of filling on the center of each square ravioli impression.
- 8Using the foil to lift the top of the dough, fold it over the mounds on the bottom half leaving plenty of give to tuck dough between each mound. Gently press out the air around the moulds with wet fingers to keep the dough from cracking. Spray the zig-zag side of the mold again and sprinkle the top of the ravioli with flour. Invert the press on the cookies, making another impression in the dough, and press very firmly to seal the 2 layers together and cut off excess dough.
- 9To remove the mold, gently lift by pressing downward on the 2 mounds on the end. Lift up on the mold working your way across the dough slab. Use a dry pastry brush to brush off excess flour. Cut ravioli into individual portions, trimming away excess dough with a knife or fluted pastry cutter. Arrange on a baking sheet. Chill the molded ravioli in the fridge until firm to the touch,30 minute more.
- 10Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 11Bake the ravioli for 25-30 minute Remove from oven and let sit on cookie sheet 5 more minutes, using a pastry cutter to cut in between the ravioli while warm, if desired. Then slide the slob onto a cookie sheet to cool. Eat 1 slab and freeze the other to keep it really fresh. Yummmmm!
- 12Inactive prep time is approximately 1 hours.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for S'more Rockin' Reindeer Ravioli
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.5
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 20.0 mg
- Sodium 100.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g