Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
Experimenting with ingredients I had in the pantry... I came up with this pie, that tastes just like the "Smores" we all want on the 4th or when camping. My DH said this was "Screaming" which means he loved it. Shhhh, won't tell him how easy it was to whip up. If you like S'mores as a kid or even as an adult..... you'll have everyone asking for "S'more Pie.... please"
Top Review by oceansdust
I made the pie for Father's Day and it was a hit. Next time though I think I will either bake the crust longer or use a pre-made one because it kept breaking apart when I was spreading the filling over it.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 ounces butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (4 ounce) package vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 (4 ounce) package chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325*
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and add the melted butter.
- Use this mixture to line a deep pie plate or spring form pan. Bake this at 325 for 19 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar until combined. Add Vanilla pudding to the mix (dry) -- consistency will be really thick, like marshmellow creme ;) add half of the cool whip and mix well.
- Spread on cooled crust.
- Make Chocolate pudding with the milk according to package directions. Let sit for 3-5 minutes and layer on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Spread remaining cool whip on top.
- with a fork, run through the whip cream and chocolate mixture making a marbled effect. (Careful not to go past the chocolate layer.)
- Refrigerate for 4 hours to set.
- Enjoy with those you love ;).